From Hobbyist Software
You can now use the free Skin Builder tool to easily create fantastic new skins for Initiate.
The Skin Builder works on Mac OS and allows you to design your skin and drag and drop images to be used.
Documentation is included in the app (just tap on the ? icons). Also included are two example skins to get you started.
Come to the forum for technical support and to show off your designs.
19/8/08 The first skins have been built with the skin builder, and the first update is released. The new version gives better warnings, handles background images better and has standard document management features. 26/Aug/08 1.2 released. Allows custom category arrows, better help, remembers where you last built your skin.
- Download the dmg file and save it somewhere
- Mount the DMG and drag the Skin Builder icon to your Applications folder
- Once you have built a skin, you can easily send it to your device by bluetooth for testing. Just control-click on the skin, go to more, then follow the prompts. Remember though - you must exit Initiate/Propel on your device in order to send a new skin over.
- Remember that each skin needs its own creator code (set in build options). If you send over three skins with the same creator code, then Initiate will only see one of them.
Existing project files are a great way to experiment. You can download a skin project that someone else has created and tweak it. Here are a few...
- See how the default skin would be built
- The Fiesta Skin
- The Gant skin
- The Gant Vertical skin
- The Milk skin
- The Mario skin
Other handy files:
- Grey Scrollbar. These are the pieces you need to build a grey scrollbar. Hopefully they will give you some hints on how to build scrollbars.