Most of our apps have automatic systems for submitting crash reports.
To enable these systems to work, you must make sure that you have 'Anonymous Statistics' enabled in the settings page.
Identify your crashes
For VLC Remote and VLC Streamer on iOS, you can add your identity to crash reports. This allows me to search for your specific crashes and try to understand what is happening on your device.
To do this,
- Enable debugging
- Go to the settings tab
- Scroll to the bottom
- Tap on the build number 5 times
- You will see a message that Debugging is on, and some extra debugging options
- Click on 'Set crash info'
- Enter your name and email address
- (this doesn't have to be your real name or email, just something unique I can search for. Robjonson is probably better than Rob jonson)
- Completely exit the app
- Click the home key to exit
- Double click the home key to get a list of running apps
- Swipe upwards on the app to 'push' it off the top of the screen. (This completely quits the app).
- Restart the app and continue until it crashes
- Let me know that you have done this, and what name/email you entered.